ESSEC Business School, the pioneering spirit
The ESSEC structure of governance comprises a board, a supervisory board and a general assembly.
Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi has been the Dean and President of the ESSEC Group since may 2017. He ensures the leadership of the institution and reports to the board in his academic, legal and financial functions. The board in turn reports to the supervisory board and the ESSEC Group general assembly.
The association, subject to the powers held by supervisory board, is administered by a board composed of 5 members for a three-year mandate: two representatives of the CCI, Annick Schwebig, president of the board and Pierre-Jean Baudey; a representative of the association of ESSEC Group graduates, Jean-Luc Decornoy, and two qualified leading figures designated by the founding members of the general assembly (member founders are the Institut catholique de Paris (Catholic Institute of Paris), the CCIV – today re-baptized the CCIP – and the ESSEC Group Alumni Association): Rémi de Badts and Edward Arkwright.
The members of the board are designated for three years. Their mandate is renewable. Members are designated by the general assembly following a presentation of the relevant bodies.
The supervisory board
The supervisory board has a mission to oversee the proper functioning of the ESSEC Group. It is currently presided over by Thierry Peugeot and is composed of 28 members: 6 representatives from the Chamber of Commerce and Industry Paris Ile-de-France region; 2 members of the Catholic Institute of Paris; 5 alumni; 1 member of the French association for small-to-medium enterprises (the CGPME); five members of the permanent faculty body including the dean of faculty (the 4 others being elected by their peers), 4 students; 2 members of the administration and 3 qualified leading figures.
The general assembly
The general assembly is composed of a representative of the CCIR, the president of the CCIR; a representative of the ESSEC Group Alumni association, the president; a representative of the CGPME; the ESSEC Group dean of faculty and a representative of the Catholic Institute of Paris, the chief education officer, who presides over this body.
Senior management and the executive committee
Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi has been the Dean and President of ESSEC Business School since May 19th, 2017
Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, Ph.D. degree in Computational Statistics and post-doctoral fellow at the University of Naples “Federico II” in Italy, is Professor of Statistics, Dean of the Faculty and Acting Dean and President of ESSEC Business School, France. He is the former President of the International Society for Business and Industrial Statistics (ISBIS), of the European Board of Directors of the International Association for Statistical Computing (IASC), and elected member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI) Council. He is Associate Editor of the international journals Computational Statistics and Data Analysis (Elsevier), Computational Statistics (Springer), and Advances in Data Analysis and Classification (Springer).
His research interests (more than 70 published papers and books) have mainly focused on methodological developments in the field of multivariate statistical analysis with specific reference to factorial methods, Procrustes rotations, analysis of paired tables, structural equation modelling, PLS (Partial Least Squares) regression and predictive modelling, multiple table analysis. He has taken a special care of the application relevance of his methodological contributions with specific reference to the domains of business and industry, sensory data, social surveys, customer satisfaction surveys with respect to both commodities and public services, Total Quality Measurement and a focus on Big Data and Business Analytics with predictive purposes.
Among other awards, in 2005 he was awarded with the Pierre-Vernimmen-BNP Paribas “Teaching Awards 2005” (Visiting Professors Category) at HEC School of Management in Paris, France. Two of his papers were recognized as the Top-Cited 2005-2010 Article in the Journal “Computational Statistics and Data Analysis” by Elsevier. He acted as the Editor-in-Chief of the “Handbook on Partial Least Squares: Concepts, Methods and Applications” released by Springer, Europe in 2010.
The executive committee
Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, acting dean and President of ESSEC Business School and dean of the faculty
Anne-Claire Pache, dean of the Masters programs at ESSEC and a professor within the ESSEC Public and Private Policy Department. She is the holder of the ESSEC chair in Philanthropy
- Co-founder of the ESSEC chair in Social Entrepreneurship
- Graduate in Master of Science in Management, ESSEC Business School (1994)
- Holds a Master of public administration (2001) from Harvard University John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Holds a Ph.D. in organizational behavior from INSEAD
Thomas Jeanjean, director of Executive Education and professor at ESSEC within the Accounting and Management Control Department
- Doctor in accounting sciences
- Holder of a teaching degree in economics and accounting, ITP (SDA Bocconi)
- Ex-student of the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan
Kevyn Yong, academic dean of the ESSEC Asia-Pacific campus in Singapore
- Associate professor of management at ESSEC Business School
- Ph.D. in management and organizations from the S.C. Johnson School of management at Cornell University
- Holds an undergraduate degrees in psychology and philosophy from the National University of Singapore and a Masters degree in mind, brain, and education from Harvard University
Eric Delecourt, dean of internal affairs
- Graduated of international and European law
- Former lawyer
Nicolas Glady, chief digital officer and professor within the Marketing Department
- ESSEC Accenture Strategic Business Analytics chair (founder) & director of the center of excellence Digital Business (founder)
- PhD in applied economics, K.U. Leuven, Belgium
- Master in management, Solvay Business School, Belgium
- Master in engineering (Ecole Polytechnique), ULB, Belgium
Jean-Luc Renson, chief financial officer
- Vincenzo Esposito Vinzi, dean of faculty
- Karine Lamiraud, associate dean of faculty
- Yan Li, associate dean of faculty for ESSEC Asia-Pacific
- José-Miguel Gaspar, associate Dean for research
- Emmanuelle Le Nagard, associate dean for pedagogy
- Anca Metiu, associate dean for the PhD program