Do I have the right profile?
The Global MBA is designed for high-potential professionals looking to make a career leap.
- Are you motivated to fast-track your career on an international scale by gaining relevant skills and networks?
- Are you looking to advance to the next level of management, to start your own business or enhance your existing business skills?
- Are you at least 26 years old at the time of application?
- Do you have at least 3 years of post-university professional experience? (Internships generally do not qualify)
- Do you have a competitive GMAT or GRE score and an advanced level of English?
If you have answered YES to one or more of these questions, then we would love to hear from you.
|Online application closing date||September 30th 2018|
|Reference form due||October 10th 2018|
|Online application closing date||December 2nd 2018|
|Reference form due||December 12th 2018|
|Online application closing date||February 3rd 2019|
|Reference form due||February 13th 2019|
|Online application closing date||March 31st 2019|
|Reference form due||April 10th 2019|
You are not required to have a professional background in any specific specialization.
Our students come from a variety of professional backgrounds and are able to realize their professional ambitions in the industry of their choice. However, before applying for the MBA you must decide which campus you want to start (Paris or Singapore) and in which of the five majors you want to graduate. This is because the two campuses have different offerings.
You are not required to speak French.
However, for students attending the ESSEC France Campus, we do encourage international participants to learn French in order to have a truly rich experience while in France or if they wish to find a job in France afterwards. ESSEC's Language Department offers a number of languages to choose from as elective course, which are included in the tuition fee.
7 steps to apply
As part of the application file, you will need to provide:
- A management aptitude test: GMAT / GRE (Validity of 5 years)
- An English proficiency test: TOEIC (minimum score of 800) or IELTS (minimum score of 7) or TOEFL (minimum score 100) (Validity of 2 years)
The English test is not required if you are a native English speaker, have spent the last 3 years in an English speaking university or have lived for a minimum of 3 years in an English speaking country.
These can take several months to prepare. Keep this in mind when registering for the exams as your application will be incomplete without these scores. We also advise you to take sufficient time to prepare for these tests to ensure you attain the highest scores possible.
To send your scores to us, please use the following institution codes:
- GMAT: X6RFV57
- GRE: 0839
- TOEFL: 0520
Create your account and then you will receive an email with your login and pin number. These are required each time you sign in so don’t lose them! You can fill in the application form at your convenience, pause it and come back to it at any point.
- One common essay for all 5 majors, and additional questions, corresponding to your major. To download the essay questions for all majors, please click here.
- A professional résumé (1-2 pages maximum)
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- Official transcripts of grades from all prior academic establishments (excluding high school)
- Official diplomas from all prior academic establishments (excluding high school)
- If you are a French candidate, a copy of your baccalauréat
- Original GMAT or GRE score
- Original TOEFL or IELTS or TOEIC score
- An ID photo, passport style (medium to high-resolution digital image)
- Two professional referees, who will receive a request to complete the online reference form when you submit your online application
All documents must be provided in English or French. Official translations will also have to be provided for documents in other languages.
Once you have completed your online application and have attached all the supporting documents, the final step is to submit your online application before the admission deadline (see this table). The upcoming admission rounds are listed in the table at the top of this page.
Earlier applicants will receive first consideration for scholarships.
Please note that you will have to pay a non-refundable application fee of 130€/180SGD.
Your application will be fully studied by the Admissions Panel. Each part of your application is taken into account. If your application is successful, you will be contacted by ESSEC within two weeks.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted to organize an interview for about 40 minutes with a jury, consisting of faculty members and sometimes professionals/recruiters from the industry, either in person or over video-conference.
The aim of the interview is for you to be able to demonstrate your motivation for doing an MBA, for choosing ESSEC Business School and what you hope to achieve after your degree.
The Admissions Panel will then deliberate on your overall application and decisions will be submitted. You will be notified within two weeks if you have been offered a place in the ESSEC Global MBA program along with supporting documentation for students who have to obtain visas.
Please note that all decisions by the Admissions Panel are final and cannot be appealed. Decision letters are generally sent promptly after the interview, and your response is required in a timely fashion. Please be aware that the Early Bird scholarship is only valid within three weeks from the date of your decision letter.