Do I have the right profile?
Our full-time Global MBA is designed for responsible and high-potential professionals looking to make a career leap through a 12-month intensive and life-changing journey.
- At least 25 years old when you submit your application (average: 30)
- At least 3 years of post-university professional experience (excluding internships)
- International work experience (abroad or in an international environment)
- A 4-year Bachelor's Degree
- A competitive GMAT/GRE or Tage-Mage score*
- An advanced level of English
*Please bear in mind that you don't need your GMAT/GRE or Tage-Mage score to start your GMBA journey so don't wait to contact our team of advisors and discuss your profile, project and application!
Do you think the Global MBA is the right fit for you? Are you interested in joining us next year?
Applications for the next 2024 cohort run from September 2023 to July 2024.
- You can apply each month - the sooner you apply, the more early bird and scholarships you can benefit from
- Your application will be analyzed by the Admissions Committee: should you be eligible to the program, you will be invited to an interview within 8 to 15 days following the submission of the application
- Following your interview, and if admitted, you will receive an offer to join ESSEC 7 to 10 days following your interview
- You will then have 2 weeks to confirm your offer by making a first deposit of € 5,000
In the meantime, feel free to contact us directly to discuss your expectations and learn more.
5 steps to apply
Keep in mind, tests can take several months to prepare! Preparing will ensure you attain the highest scores possible for the required tests and then, register for the exams (GMAT/GRE/TAGE MAGE & English).
- A Management Aptitude Test: GMAT, GRE or TAGE-MAGE (valid for 5 years)
- An English Proficiency Test* (validity of 2 years)
MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST (GMAT, GRE, Tage-Mage)
GMAT Focus edition
ESSEC Codes: please use the following institution codes to send us your scores:
English tests are not required if you:
- Create your ESSEC Account to start your application online - Click here!
- You will receive an email confirmation with your ID and password
- Fill out the application form at your convenience, pause, and come back to it at any point.
- Complete your essays
- A professional CV/resume (1-2 pages maximum)
- A copy of your passport or ID card
- ID photo, passport style (medium to high-resolution digital image)
- 1 Scholarship Essay (if applicable)
- 2 professional referees, please attach two pdf reference letters in your application in this format only
- Official transcripts of grades from all prior academic establishments (excluding high school)
- Official degree certificates from all prior academic establishments (excluding high school)
- If you are a French candidate, a copy of your baccalauréat
- Original GMAT/GRE or TAGE-MAGE score (Online GMAT Scores are accepted)
- Original TOEFL or IELTS or TOEIC score
- Application fee: €130
All documents must be provided in English or French. Official translations will also have to be provided for documents in other languages
GMAT/GRE Waiver: Submit your application now, send in your test scores later!
To ensure you get a spot on the ESSEC Global MBA program, you can apply without GMAT and be accepted into the program pending reception of accepted GMAT scores. You cannot be fully enrolled and benefit from scholarships before ESSEC receives all documents and test scores. Admitted applicants without GMAT should send their GMAT results to the admissions team before the next round deadline.
- Application review: Your complete application will be fully reviewed by the Admissions Panel. If successful, you will be contacted within 2 weeks for your 30 to 40-minute interview.
- Interview: The aim during the interview is to demonstrate your motivation (for an MBA, for ESSEC, and what you hope to achieve). The interview will be conducted either in person or over video conference, depending on the location of the candidate. The Panel includes the Academic Director and/or faculty members, Global MBA alumni or students, members of the ESSEC career services team (Talent Center), HR professionals, or headhunters.
- Results: Upon decision, you will be notified within 2 weeks of your interview if you have been offered a place in the ESSEC Global MBA program along with supporting documentation for participants who have to obtain visas.
Please note that all decisions by the Admissions Panel are final and cannot be appealed