Careers in Sustainability Transformation
Where will the program take you?
As an MSc in Sustainability Transformation graduate, you can pursue a wide array of careers related to sustainability across numerous fields of activity in multiple industries. Look forward to roles such as:
- Consultant in specialized consultancies or within new sustainability departments of larger consulting firms
- CSR Manager within international or local businesses, NGOs, social enterprises or public administration
- Specialized Project Manager on topics such as carbon emissions, circular economy, or the design of eco-products
- More traditional roles such as marketing manager or financial analyst with a sustainability layer
- Social or green entrepreneurship
Throughout the year, between tailored business cases, learning expeditions and visits, you will be in touch with varied organizations from the corporate, entrepreneur, NGO and public administration worlds.
Through your major in particular, you will benefit from the wide network of prestigious partners and recruiters of the relevant ESSEC Chair, including: EssilorLuxottica, L’Oréal, Agence de la Transition Écologique (ADEME), ZACK, Circul’R, Circulab, ENSCi, b.evolve, Axéréal, Bel, Lesaffre, METRO, CY, AXA IM Alts, BNP Paribas, Capgemini Invent, CITEPA, Veolia, MACIF, Malakoff Humanis, MAIF, Carac, 123 Investment Managers, Groupe AÉSIO, devoteam, Logeo Habitat.
ESSEC Accompanies You
Helping you shape your career
Career guidance and advice
Throughout your time at ESSEC, the Career Services will accompany you in defining your career plan and facilitating your entry into the professional world.
Through the support of the Career Services team, you will be able to:
- Learn more about yourself and enhance your experiences.
- Explore career opportunities, reflect and develop your personal and professional project.
- Define your internship/job search strategy and prepare yourself for numerous recruitment events through coaching with specialists.
- Prepare your CV, LinkedIn profile and cover letter in an impactful manner, and develop your network efficiently.
- Prepare for different types of job interviews through role-playing exercises (pitching) and learn to position yourself well during salary negotiations.
Meeting with professionals and recruitment opportunities
In addition to the offers received and shared with all the major business schools, the Career Services team receives more than 16,000 internship, apprenticeship and VIE offers each year, and more than 6,000 job offers and exclusive Graduate Program offers, both in France and internationally.
The Career Services team organizes numerous recruitment events and puts you in direct contact with your future employer(s):
- NETWORKING: +500 PROFESSIONAL MEETINGS
- Company presentations, business conferences, recruitment sessions, workshops, master classes and internationally-themed weeks.
Forum des Métiers à Impact
A domain-specific career fair gathering organizations with social and environmental objectives, ranging from consulting firms to companies working on responsible finance, as well as start-ups and CSR departments of large corporations such as Accélérateur d'Innovation Sociale de la Croix-Rouge Française, Accenta, Circul'R, Deloitte, GreenYellow, Groupe ARES, and ZACK - Groupe Manutan International.
Forum des Métiers de la Transition
A domain-specific career fair gathering companies and organizations engaged in social and environmental transition, such as Alter Equity, Birdeo, Castalie, Carbon4 Finance, Green Soluce, InnovaFeed, Phenix, Redman, and Vendredi.
This recruitment fair brings together around hundred companies. You will establish contacts with companies from all sectors of activity, such as: Air Liquide, Amazon, Bouygues, Carrefour, Ekimetrics, Groupe Casino, Henkel, L’Oréal, LVMH, Metro, Orange, Saint-Gobain, Le Groupe TF1, Unibail-Rodamco-Westfield, Unilever, Vinci, etc.
Start-up & Innovative Companies Fair
This fair brings together start-ups for a pitch and speed recruiting day.
During this recruitment fair you will establish exceptional contacts with consulting firms such as: Accenture, Accuracy, Bain & Company, BearingPoint, BCG, Capgemini Invent, KPMG, Mazars, McKinsey & Company, Roland Berger, Wavestone, etc.
During this recruitment fair you will establish exceptional contacts with financial institutions such as: Ardian, AXA, BNP Paribas, Bpifrance, Candriam, Centerview Partners, Crédit Agricole CIB, Hines, Moody’s, ODDO BHF, Qonto, Rothschild & co, Société Générale, UBS, etc.
When you join ESSEC Business School, you join a community. You will discover the power of the ESSEC network.
ESSEC Alumni already has 62 000 graduates with diverse profiles dispersed in all corners of the world. With unique personalities, they share a common goal to achieve their career objectives.
As you enter ESSEC, you become a member of ESSEC Alumni and you remain one forever.
This is the lifetime membership, that ESSEC has been the first French Business School with a global reach to put in place.
In 2020, ESSEC Transition Alumni was created: a group of 1 000 alumni with a common goal to network, support and educate their peers on the stakes of environmental and social transition. They are also a great resource for job placements.
ESSEC Alumni is by your side at every stage of your career:
When you are a student, to guide you in finding professional opportunities through the network, exchanging with graduates, benefiting from various services to launch your start-up, and staying up to date with the latest news from the ESSEC community.
When you are a graduate, to support you throughout your professional life, to help you develop your network and exchange with your peers, to guide you in benefiting from services for your start-up, and to allow you to rediscover the atmosphere of your ESSEC years.
Since its creation, ESSEC has always cultivated a spirit of entrepreneurship and innovation, which lies at the very core of its educational approach, research, and managerial practices.
- ESSEC Ventures is a structure that supports ESSEC students with business projects. It consists of an incubator, a talent incubator, and a seed fund. It also organizes numerous events bringing together entrepreneurs and investors.
Learn more about ESSEC Ventures
- ESSEC Antropia is a structure that supports ESSEC students with social enterprise projects so that social, environmental, and economic considerations can come together to create a better world.
Learn more about ESSEC Antropia